Refractory materials are also divided into acidic refractory and alkaline refractory. Acid refractory usually refers to refractory material with SiO2 content more than 93%, its main characteristic is that it can resist the corrosion of acid slag at high temperature, but it is easy to react with alkaline molten slag. Acid refractory mainly quartz glass products, fused silica and bonded products, silica brick and amorphous silica refractories, semi-silica refractories are generally attributed to this category, as for the clay refractory, there will be naturalized in this category, called a half acidic or weak acid refractory.
There is also the zircon refractories and sic refractory materials to make special acidic refractory is also classified as such. Alkaline refractory generally refers to Magnesia or magnesia and calcium oxide as the main ingredient of refractory materials. This kind of refractory materials are very high fire resistance, the ability to resist alkaline slag is strong. Alkaline refractory is mainly used in alkaline steelmaking furnace and non-ferrous metal smelting furnace, and the cement industry often uses this kind of material. Its main products are Magnesia, magnesia-chromium, magnesium olivine, Magnesia-aluminum, dolomite and lime stone refractory. Among them Magnesia, dolomite and limestone are strongly alkaline, chromium magnesium and magnesia-chromium, magnesium olivine and spinel are weakly alkaline.
- Development Prospect Of Refractory Bricks
- Production Technology Of Refractory Materials
- Application Of Refractory Materials
- Brief Introduction Of Crucible Furnace
- Main Characteristics Of Crucible Furnace
- What Is The Slag-resisting Property Of Refracto...
- What Is The High Temperature Compressive Streng...
- What Is The Firing Of Refractory?
- The Vacuum Resistance Of Refractory
- Characteristics Of Refractory Materials
- What Is The Glass Melting Crucible?